Belky Perez Schwartz, LMHC, NCC, DCC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nationally Certified Counselor, Distance Credentialed Counselor
Registered Clinicical Supervisor for Mental Health Counselor Interns
Welcome to Relationships Counseling in Miami.
My name is Belky Perez Schwartz and I am a licensed mental health counselor in Miami.
I provide the following counseling services in the Miami area:
- Individual therapy
- Couples counseling
- Family therapy
- Group counseling
I specialize in working with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (queer) (GLBTQ) community.
All of these services are offered either in office or via distance counseling such as online counseling (AKA etherapy, telephone consultations, email exchanges, or video conferencing) in both English and Spanish.
What is Relationships Counseling in Miami individuals and couples like?
Relationships counseling in Miami for couples, specifically gay and lesbian couples involves working through issues that are directly affecting the health of your relationship.
Some examples of concerns you can discuss in couples counseling include communication problems, getting over an affair, dating someone who is in the closet, jealousy, or perhaps dealing with intimate partner violence.
I have been practicing in the mental health field since 2004. As an experienced therapist in Miami, I am credentialed as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida and a Nationally Certified Counselor through the National Board of Certified Counselors.
Additionally, I am a Distance Counselor which affords me the privilege of providing online counseling and coaching services, obtained in 2010.
My approach to counseling is one that aims to empower clients by giving them the skills and tools they need in order to apply what they learn in therapy to their real life situations.
In addition to providing mental health services, I am an online instructor at two national universities. With those universities, I teach online psychology and student life skills courses such as strategies for success, career skills, and critical thinking skills, which I enjoy it a great deal.
Issues discussed in counseling with Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (GLBTQ) clients:
- Coming out
- Security with sexuality
- Building gay-friendly social network
- Life transition such as marriage or starting a family
- Disenfranchised grief or loss (e.g. Your partner is not recognized by your family or friends.)
- Becoming a member of the GLBTQ community
- Finding social activities in the LGBTQ community
General life changes and relationship issues:
- Hispanic culture, rituals and relationship themes
- Relationship Growth (Defining your relationship, coping with relationship stagnation)
- Emotional Infidelity, Surviving affairs
- Communication (e.g. learning how to communicate effectively and set realistic boundaries)
- Defining relationship roles and expectations
- Pre-marital counseling, marriage counseling, problems with fertility
- Loss (e.g. change in identity after retirement or divorce, career change, traumatic or violence experience, living with medical illness, or relocation.)
Impact of Technology and Life
- Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter. Etc.)
- Online Gaming addiction
- Individual counseling
- Couples counseling
- ‘Breakthrough’ couples counseling session
- Family counseling
- Group therapy
- Email exchange
- Digital chat
- Online counseling
- Video conferencing.
To schedule a consultation,please call me at 305-815-7630 or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Miami Office:
283 Park Boulevard
Miami, FL 33126
South Miami Office:
7600 Red Road – Suite 218
South Miami, Florida
Appointment Availability Hours:
Week day and weekend appointments are available. This is my current availability:
Monday: 1pm – 8pm EST
Tuesday & Friday: 8am – Noon EST, 3pm-5pm EST
Wednesday & Thursday: 8 am – 12 Noon EST
Saturday: 8am – 5pm EST