Making the first move on Facebook can let the other person know you are interested in them. But, what does a good first move look like? On Facebook, first move can be a private message, a picture on someone’s wall, or even a romantic poem sent via a message.
National Boss’s Day: Gift ideas and quotes to honor your awesome boss
National’s Boss’s Day is on October 16 , 2012. On this day, Americans show appreciation for their administrators, supervisors, and managers in the workplace. Working with a good boss can make all the difference in your day. The relationship you share with this person can influence your outlook on your career and impact how you decide to pursue your overall goals.
How can you honor your boss on their special holiday?
Here are a few gift ideas to honor your boss:
- Buy them a treat on National Boss’s Day. Anything from coffee and donuts to a trip to the salon for a massage can really show your boss how much you appreciate them. If there is something you know they’ve been wanting to do, and they’ve been putting it off, help them on their special holiday!
- Give them a break. Maybe they have a lot on their plate! If you offer to help them with a task or too, they will surely not forget it!
- Let them know how you appreciate them and why! Maybe you’ve never really told them what a good boss they are. Take a moment to let them know!
- Send them a free eCard. There are several websites on the internet that offer free greeting cards. Consider checking out sites such as 123Greetings or eGreetings.com for starters!
Here are some quotes to make their day:
- The difference between a job and a career is the difference between forty and sixty hours a week. Robert Frost
- “A good boss is a person who can tolerate my complaints and still manage to say hello to me every day.” ~ Byron Pusifer.
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to you as well.” ~ Voltaire
- The world is divided into people who do things — and people who get the credit. Dwight Morrow
- People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. Theodore Roosevelt
Watch a video on how you can give your boss a gift on National Boss’s Day:
How is the working relationship you share with your boss? How will you show your boss your appreciation for them? What are some ideas you have? Enjoy National Boss’s Day!