For Ben and the three remaining ladies, Courtney, Lindzi, and Nikki, what will the overnight dates hold? How can you know if you share chemistry with someone? Here are some things to consider in trying to determine if you are ready to spend the night with a new beau.
Couples therapy: Is it ok to have a work spouse?
In couples therapy, you can discuss a wide variety of topics. Anything from personal things going on between you and yur partner to things going on at work can come into play during a couples therapy session.
For instance, ever hear of a work spouse? If you have, then you either have a work spouse, or you’ve been jealous once or twice at the fact that your partner has one.
Co-workers sometimes spend more time with each other than they do with their family. At times, the friendship shared between these co-workers can appear to be more than a platonic friendship. Work spouse relationships have the following unique traits that make them different from romantic relationship one may share with their partner:
- When a lunch break approaches, you look forward to seeing your work spouse and sharing the events of the day with them.
- You and your work spouse share inside jokes with each other that co-workers may not be privy to. Sometimes even your partner from your romantic relationship or marriage may not even get them either!
- When it gets to personal matters, you may actually share information with your work spouse that other friends or even your partner may not know.
- You may be able to discuss certain topics, such as politics or religion, with your work spouse that you might not be able to share with your wife or husband.
- You frequently find yourself relying almost exclusively on your work spouse for work supplies or a chance to get away from your office.
- At times, it seems like you find you are completing your work spouse’s sentences.
In Miami, the work spouse concept is not a new thing. Many Miami co-workers have shared thoughts on the relationship they share with co-workers and find, as with any relationship, it has both positive and negative aspects.
Do you or your partner have a work spouse? Has it ever affected the relationship you share with your partner?
Sources: Career Builder