In couples therapy, you can discuss a wide variety of topics. Anything from personal things going on between you and yur partner to things going on at work can come into play during a couples therapy session.
For instance, ever hear of a work spouse? If you have, then you either have a work spouse, or you’ve been jealous once or twice at the fact that your partner has one.
Co-workers sometimes spend more time with each other than they do with their family. At times, the friendship shared between these co-workers can appear to be more than a platonic friendship. Work spouse relationships have the following unique traits that make them different from romantic relationship one may share with their partner:
- When a lunch break approaches, you look forward to seeing your work spouse and sharing the events of the day with them.
- You and your work spouse share inside jokes with each other that co-workers may not be privy to. Sometimes even your partner from your romantic relationship or marriage may not even get them either!
- When it gets to personal matters, you may actually share information with your work spouse that other friends or even your partner may not know.
- You may be able to discuss certain topics, such as politics or religion, with your work spouse that you might not be able to share with your wife or husband.
- You frequently find yourself relying almost exclusively on your work spouse for work supplies or a chance to get away from your office.
- At times, it seems like you find you are completing your work spouse’s sentences.
In Miami, the work spouse concept is not a new thing. Many Miami co-workers have shared thoughts on the relationship they share with co-workers and find, as with any relationship, it has both positive and negative aspects.
Do you or your partner have a work spouse? Has it ever affected the relationship you share with your partner?
Sources: Career Builder