I offers both in-office and online counseling services. My clients are often looking for individual counseling, couples therapy, or family counseling.
Groups are offered as well throughout the year. Check back for group topics.
I specialize in the following topics:
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Life Changes and Relationships Issues, LGBT community issues, and the Impact of Technology on intimate relationships.
Here is a breakdown of specific topics you could discuss with me during a therapy session.
Relationship concerns specific to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) community:
- Coming out process
- Being comfortable with your sexuality
- Creating a gay-friendly social support system
- Deciding to get married or start a family
- Disenfranchised grief or loss (e.g. Your partner is not recognized by your family or friends.)
- Relationship counseling
- Becoming part of the GLBT community
- Finding social activities in the LGBT community
General life changes and relationship issues:
- Hispanic culture, rituals and relationship themes
- Relationship Growth (Defining your relationship, coping with relationship stagnation)
- Emotional Infidelity, Surviving affairs
- Communication (e.g. learning how to communicate effectively and set realistic boundaries)
- Defining relationship roles and expectations
- Pre-marital counseling, marriage counseling, fertility challenges
- Postpartum Depression
- Loss (e.g. change in identity after retirement or divorce, career change, traumatic or violence experience, living with medical illness, or relocation.)
Impact of Technology and Life
- Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter. Etc.)
- Gaming (World of Warcraft, Farmville,Etc. )
Have a concern you’d like to discuss with me but don’t see it on her list of specialties? That’s okay.
Fill out the contact form on the Contact Belky page. I will help you with questions you might have. If I find you are best suited with another therapist, I will help you by referring you to someone else.