Take time to look at the options. The more certain you are of the search criteria you will use, the more likely you will be able to really hone in on potential matches quickly.
I offers in-office, FaceTime therapy, and Skype online counseling services. My clients are often looking for individual counseling, couples therapy, or family counseling.
Groups are offered as well throughout the year. Check back for group topics.
I specialize in the following topics:
- Gay, lesbian bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) life changes and relationship issues
- GLBTQ community issues
- Impact of Technology on intimate relationships.
Here is a breakdown of specific topics you could discuss with me during a therapy session.
Relationship concerns specific to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) community:
- Coming out process
- Gay identity development
- Lesbian identity development
- Bisexual identity development
- Pansexual identity development
- Being comfortable with your sexuality
- Creating a gay-friendly social support system
- Deciding to get married or start a family
- Disenfranchised grief or loss (e.g. Your partner is not recognized by your family or friends.)
- Relationship counseling
- Becoming part of the GLBTQ community
- Finding social activities in the LGBTQ community
- Gender reassignment process for transgender clients
- Open relationships
- Open marriages
General life changes and relationship issues:
- Hispanic culture, rituals and relationship themes
- Relationship Growth (Defining your relationship, coping with relationship stagnation)
- Emotional Infidelity, Surviving affairs
- Communication (e.g. learning how to communicate effectively and set realistic boundaries)
- Defining relationship roles and expectations
- Pre-marital counseling, marriage counseling, fertility challenges
- Postpartum Depression
- Loss (e.g. change in identity after retirement or divorce, career change, traumatic or violence experience, living with medical illness, or relocation.)
Have a concern you’d like to discuss with me but don’t see it on her list of specialties? That’s okay.
Fill out the contact form on the Contact Belky page. I will help you with questions you might have. If I find you are best suited with another therapist, I will help you by referring you to someone else.